Jewelries are considered valuable assets. Not only because they have expensive values but they also have personal impact to us. As such, taking good care of them should be prioritized to preserve its value and meaning to us. In case of silver jewelry, there are some specific ways and tips to take good care of it. You may not be aware that you are doing it the wrong way. Hence, to help you out, here are some tips and ways on how to properly and accurately take good care of your silver jewelry.
- Do not wear your sterling silver in chlorinated water or when you are working or dealing with chemicals whether at work or home. This is to protect your jewelry from any harmful substances from the chemical.
- When storing your jewelries, make sure to put them separately and individually in a jewelry box or storage container. This is to prevent them from scratching each other.
- Ensure that your silver jewelry is also not exposed to light and air during storage. Jewelry enthusiasts believe that air and light can cause silver to tarnish.
- Clean your silver jewelry with a very mild soap and water solution only. This will allow the water to bead up, and then pat dry with a soft piece of cloth. If you couldn’t remove stubborn dirt, try to use a specific cleaner designed for silver use only.
- Never rub your silver jewelry with anything aside from a polishing cloth. Scratches can be obtained by using paper towels and tissue paper.
- Store your silver jewelry only in a dry place with cool temperature.
With these tips, you can now be comfortable that your silver jewelry will be free from damage. So the next time you buy wholesale sterling silver jewelry, you now know exactly how to take good care of it.